The Foundation sets out to foster and promote an enterprising spirit in the field of sustainability by lending its support to innovative businesses, the development of whose products, processes and models make a contribution to sustainable development.
The support is both financial and technical. The financial side takes through helping finding funds for their business´s activities. Technical support includes advising companies on how to develop their business plan and the best way to promote their products and/or activities.
The Foundation's priorities when it comes to deciding which projects to support are as follows:
- Activity sectors: clean energy, smart grids and smart cities, energy efficiency, alternative transport and mobility, waste management, water andnatural resources, biotech and ICTs.
- Company profile: Registered companies, usually recently set-up; with a business plan to which the Foundation can bring value rather than financial support.
- Investment Profile: Capital increases or equity loans of between 500,000 and 2,000,000 euros. A separate financing round for each project.
- Porcentage of participation: Between 10% and 30% of share capital.
- Period of permanence: Up to 5 years.